three books

three books

Thursday, 10 May 2012

just because

Taking a break from my pi project I pulled out a cradle board I had started prepping for an image transfer a few days ago. I had abandoned it because it was just too darned pretty - all pale blue and fresh green - it just didn't work with any of the images I wanted to use. Instead of scraping it down I slopped on some dark brown, then a layer of grey and another of white. I got busy with my little flame thrower, overheating each layer so some of the colour underneath could leach up through. I happened to have some naturally dyed wool also in greens and blues so I embedded some of that before I carved up the surface a little and added some oil paint stick. The result is a lovely example of how satisfying it can be to work intuitively and spontaneously. Exactly what I needed to remind me to lighten up and let something develop on it's own.

1 comment: