three books

three books

Thursday, 3 May 2012

Polka dots 2

The polka dot project turned out a disappointing length (80 polka dots makes only about 4 feet) but I like it so much I think I need to do it again. This one was made from scraps of canvas, some primed, some raw, all painted with chalk paints and dipped in unrefined beeswax. Some of the discs have prints on rice paper applied with additional wax. The double dip ones are smooth and creamy while some of the others, especially those on the raw canvas, are more crude and kind of crusty. I hung it on the door to my studio so can smell the sweetness every time I pass. Delicious. Need more polka dots!
Boo doesn't really get it, he sniffed once and looked at me like this. I'm not sure what that means.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh......80=4ft! How many more are you thinking of making? You have the patience of a crazy artist....which I love!

    ReplyDelete