three books

three books

Sunday, 27 May 2012

the times, they are a changing

I did a whirlwind trip to Vancouver Island today delivering a car so my brother and his gal pal could sail over in the boat they have been working on restoring for the past couple of months. (I'll have some before and after pictures in a later post) I got to have a brief visit with my sister and a quick hug from my gorgeous grandson which was worth a trip anyway but the highlight of this particular trip was a pilgrimage to the Barton Leier Gallery on Yellow Point Road  Anyone not familiar with these two amazing artists you should stop reading and go to their website immediately.http://www.bartonandleiergallery.com/ For the rest of us who have been enjoying this unnatural phenomenon for nearly 20 years it is very sad news that the garden gallery will be enjoying it's very last summer this year. I know that I will still be able to savor their work at the Nanaimo shop location but, gulp, to never stroll down those amazing garden paths finding treasures in every inch of the lush greenery ever again. I have no words for how sad that makes me feel. I will say that the world will be a slightly less colourful place when Grant and Nixie take their love to town.
This morning, having arrived before they were officially even opened I crashed on through to their private quarters sobbing and wailing noooo say it isn't true! They graciously served up coffee and consoled me somewhat by sharing some of their new work for an upcoming show at the Old Schoolhouse Gallery in Qualicum Beach (August 13th-September 15th) I don't want to spoil any surprises by trying to describe what I saw but what Nixie has done with those doll parts she's been hiding under the bed is astounding and Grant is serving up an equally tasty accompaniment. I can't wait to see it come together.


2 comments:

  1. You teaser! Let me know when you're going to their show and I'll gladly tag along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would make it perfect! Let's make a date.

    ReplyDelete