three books

three books

Tuesday, 31 July 2012

Have a nice day.

The first thing I saw this morning was a clip from one of the blogs I've been reading - an artist by the name of Nelleke Verhoeff  http://blog.redcheeksfactory.com/ It was a clever little line drawing with the caption, "have a nice day". This pleasant salutation has almost become synonymous with insincerity in this country where young people snarl it out from behind cash registers as though it somehow diminishes them to be polite to customers. Somehow she had managed to instantly restore the message to it's glory days when it actually, in all honesty, meant 'have a nice day'.
Well thank you Ms.Verhoeff, I did have a nice day. I even spent a little part of it making post cards to send out to friends so I could pass the sentiment on. I hope you had a nice day too.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Sue. Both cards are gorgeous!
    I'm hosting this week's Drawing Challenge: CROW and am wondering if you'd like to join the fun? Let me know via my blog and I'll put you on the list. xo

    ReplyDelete