three books

three books

Sunday, 16 September 2012

viva l'Italia!

Last quick blog bit before I grab my bags and head for the airport. The funny thing is that I was determined to finish this largish (24x48) painting before I left on holiday as if it mattered in the slightest whether on not it had waited for my return. It makes me wonder if somewhere deep down in my lizard brain there is a conviction that any overseas flight has a high probably of disaster.


This one was inspired by shields, symbols and talismans so I am bound to have a safe journey.
I'm taking along my playbook so if anyone has an suggestions for things that absolutely must be seen or done in the south of Italy - do tell.
Ciao for now.

1 comment:

  1. The beautiful colours on its own have a lovely warm and protecting feel about them, i like the repetition of the 'shields',
    have a great time in Italy Sue, xx

    ReplyDelete