three books

three books

Tuesday, 30 October 2012

One bad apple

A weekend with Nixie Barton http://bartonandleiergallery.com/ has taught me more about working with encaustic than I would ever have gleaned from all my books combined. But more than that and maybe more important even, I realized what a conservative - okay, chicken - I am and what glorious colorful fun I have been missing out on because of it. I'm not sure that it suits me to work in brilliant, living colour like Nixie does but I do think it is about bloody time I learned how to mix it up a little more. So, here is me dipping a toe in. Twenty six letters in the alphabet, only 24 left to do. Note to self - it's only paper and wax, don't get precious.


2 comments:

  1. really beautiful!!
    I'm looking forward to the next letters!
    :-) mano

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! Be bold, be brave, mix up some colours! xo

    ReplyDelete