three books

three books

Tuesday, 4 December 2012

December!!!

The countdown to Christmas has begun and thank goodness I have most of the gifts that need to be posted eastward packaged and ready to go. Between Christmas crafting, a dog with a sore paw that won't heal because HE WILL NOT LEAVE IT ALONE, and training for a new job I'm feeling a little frazzled so I think I will step back for a minute and catch my breath.
I have managed a bit of time in the studio lately and moving forward even as I am still working the Nixie-ness out of my encaustic pieces. Not that I wouldn't simply become her if I could but alas, there is room for only one Nix in the world and that is she. Although the influence is still strong I am quickly discovering that a limited palette continues to appeal to me and that the pieces that satisfy are those that say something about what is going on in my head at any given time. This one is about life's stages since I am feeling pretty good about kind of officially stepping into the third this year. I had hoped that I would wake up a little wiser on the day of my birthday but it seems it may take longer than anticipated. Hmmm.
Anyway, I discovered that linocuts make weird and wonderful stamps in wax so out came my ladies once again to represent the ages/stages of life. Go girls!


1 comment:

  1. Your girls look fabulous in wax! You go girl!!!!!

    ReplyDelete