three books

three books

Tuesday, 8 October 2013

gone, gone, gone, been gone so long


Where does the time go?

My days are filled to the brim and there is never enough time to do all the things I would like to do. Last month flew by with holiday visiting and visitors, a birth, birthdays and anniversary celebrations. All good, and all time consuming. With September gone it is time to get it in gear for a show next month and I feel like I am slogging through mud. So much to do and so little TIME!

H. Jackson Brown once said:
"Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein."

Agreed, but I have to ask, did any one of them have to fit their day around frequent dog walking and endless household chores? Did Michelangelo stop painting the chapel at 5:00 p.m. every day of the world to go cook dinner for the family? I'm thinking NO. I'm also guessing Leonardo didn't have to step over the dog in front of his easel or walk him four times a day and Albert clearly didn't take time out to style his hair in the morning so I'm going to cut myself a little slack and stop thinking I should be accomplishing more than is possible for a normal, non-genius kind of human on an average day.

I'm not complaining mind you, I have a pretty good life and I am grateful for it. The busy days are good days, I just need to squeeze a little more into them so I've started this week using the time block method to break my days down into reasonable chunks for all the things that I need (and want) to get done. This chunk is "blog" time and so I have a guilt free hour to catch up on reading some of my favorites and jotting one of my own. Oops, almost up, next I have two 90 minute blocks of studio time, then...you guessed it. Dinner, For which I have allotted one 90 minute time block for the prepping, cooking and eating thereof. Just kidding, I'm not quite so disciplined as that - yet!

This is one of the cartoons from my 90 minute sketching block this morning.
Have a happy, productive day.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you, Sue. I've been looking for a multi-tasking fill-in for years!

    ReplyDelete