three books

three books

Saturday, 12 April 2014

hats off to Tammy

The host of this weeks drawing challenge is Tammy Lee and she has chosen the theme of "hats" or "caps". The weekly dc is always an opportunity to ponder a concept this way and that and often inspires fond memories. This time I had a flash image of a hat that I had as a child - an honest to gosh Easter Bonnet complete with coloured ribbons that trailed down the back and fluttered in the breeze - yup, I am that old.
What I also remembered is how gorgeous I felt heading off to church that day. I haven't the faintest idea what else I was wearing and likely it didn't matter because my hat was sooo fine.
You don't see so many colourful hats these days which is why this elderly lady caught my eye a couple of weeks ago. I've done a cartoon of her but in no way am I making fun - she was looking (and feeling) fabulous that day.
Visit Tammy's lovely blog for a list of participants in this weeks challenge.

5 comments:

  1. I think a hat can make one feel and look wonderful, so I really like it that this lady wears such a colorful hat. cute drawing.

    hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice drawing. She indeed looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a dear piece.
    I love it when people wear things that make them feel good, like beautiful bonnets. Thank you for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such expression in the body posturing Sue! Love this. It could be an oracle card of sorts. I see this as an homage.

    Here's a whole bunch of fabulous hats. One of my favourite places to visit. Norma, x

    http://advancedstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's true a hat can change a person the moment its placed on ones head- like an air of confidence- I think you captured that very nicely in this little piece :)

    ReplyDelete