three books

three books

Saturday, 22 August 2015

Bits and pieces

The drawing challenge this week (thank you Tammy Lee)  http://beautyflows.blogspot.com is "tiny". I have to begin by saying that I LOVE tiny things - always have. In fact I used to be a tiny thing until my breadth started to compensate for my lack of height. Ah well. Tammy's proposal sent me on a trip down memory lane thinking of the tiny dolls and bits that I played with as a child - oh wait, I still do!
A couple of weeks ago I made a major score at the flea market. Here are some of my tiny treasures waiting to find homes.

I've been putting them into books. Last week's posting had a few of them but here's one more.
I get all excited when I find the tiny porcelain dolls (frozen Charlottes) like the ones up top  but this little one - just over an inch tall - OMG amazing. Which just goes to prove that while you might have to grow old you absolutely do not have to grow up. Head on over (pardon the pun) to Beauty Flows http://beautyflows.blogspot.com for more little goodies.
 


19 comments:

  1. I'm a miniature collector myself and I enjoyed
    looking at yours :) Especially the little doll and
    the head from the last picture :)

    Have a beautiful weekend!
    Möwe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to meet you and yes, isn't she wonderful

      Delete
  2. I like those cute little trains being in your art piece, quite a great idea.

    stopping by from Tammie's blog, have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the book Sue! I have some tinies here waiting for our next visit. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just so happens I have something to trade - looking forward to it

      Delete
  4. I love old dolls heads too - the old and worn last image is my favourite. I always wonder what tiny hands once held them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. major flea market score indeed - I enjoyed your post very much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue! I like those little dolls too. I used to have them as a youngster and used old round salt cardboard packaging to make 'cradles' for them. Last week I was looking at metal molds on ebay and came across a Charlotte mold that was really tiny and I longed to own it. It was pricey beyond my pocketbook. I would press in clay and then distress the baked final product. It gets the creative juices flowing that is for sure. I like your book insert in the 3rd photo. Nice. *smiles* Norma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. metal molds! - you're making my mouth water.

      Delete
  7. That;s a nice post. Your drawing made me smile:). - eric

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is truly an amazing fleamarket find of tiny treasures and the porcelain head is really awesome - love your idea with the little train! Cool.
    barbara bee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love flea markets - I think I long to go to Europe just to see them done right

      Delete
  9. Sue, I love seeing all your tiny treasures, and your drawing/book mixed media piece! And you're right. we don't have to grow up, do we?

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love how you juxtapose growing up with growing old. so glad we don't have to grow up, ALL the time. the best moments are felt in the tiny moments of madness, whichever way. and tiny bits and pops help mildly...! n♥

    ReplyDelete